Tico D.C. expands menu, adds new ceviches, tacos, small plates
Chef Rodrigo Perez adds diversity to menu
Tico D.C. has expanded its menu, marking one of the biggest overhauls to its offerings. Creativity and seasonality complement each other, and elevate the ingredients on the new menu with Chef Rodrigo Perez at the helm. The new Tico menu at Michael’s Schlow’s Latin-influenced restaurant in Washington, D.C. will include ceviches, tacos, small and large plates and “a la plancha” items.
The Schlow Restaurant Group comprises restaurants in Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., Fairfax, Va., and Boston, Ma., including Alta Strada City Vista, Alta Strada Mosaic, Casolare, Conosci, The Riggsby, Tico D.C., Alta Strada Wellesley, Alta Strada Foxwoods, Doretta, Pine, Tico Boston and Cavatina.
Some of the most notable features on the expanded menu, underscored by the culinary team, include the ceviche made with rocoto leche de Tigre, pickled fingerlings, cucumber and mint; shrimp croquettes with chipotle aioli and larger dishes such as a mezcal smoked turkey leg with passion fruit-mezcal glaze, epazote spätzle. New tacos include a pork al pastor, guajillo braised pork shoulder, grilled pineapple, avocado salsa and suadero, a milk-braised brisket taco served with salsa verde. These dishes range in price from $12 to $18.
Tico New Menu Items
- Crab cake with smoked avocado mousse, pickled scallion
- Shrimp croquette with chipotle aioli
- Chicken empanadas, aji gallina, plantain chips and huancaina
- Squid ink fideo: angel hair pasta, poblano sofrito, mussels, clams and shrimp
- Salmon, rocoto leche de Tigre, pickled fingerlings, cucumber and mint
Snapper with mango-habanero leche de tigre, sweet potato, hominy, pickled Swiss Chard
- Bass, chamomile aguachile, cucumber, annatto, cherry tomato, toasted hazelnut
- Hamachi with corn tostaditas, green tomatillo curry, pickled cucumber and sea urchin roe
- Pork cutlet, espresso cured chorizo, local beets, lime gel
- Mezcal smoked turkey leg, passion fruit-mezcal glaze, epazote spätzle
A La Plancha
- Mushroom al ajillo, roasted field mushrooms, broccoli-poblano spread, black garlic broth
- Nopal con queso, seared cactus paddle, braised shallots, Oaxaca cheese
- Bonito/Hamachi a la Plancha, cumin crust, pickled onion, Maggi-lime marinade, faux caviar
- Pork al Pastor: guajillo braised pork shoulder, grilled pineapple, avocado salsa
- Suadero: milk braised brisket, salsa verde
Tico, 1926 14th Street Northwest, Washington, D.C. 20009
Photo credit: Tico DC
About the publisher of this restaurant news site.