2017 Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show to present top chefs, exhibits
Top chefs from D.C. and beyond headline popular MetroCooking Show
Top chefs will be abundant at the Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining (MetroCooking) Show in Washington, D.C., being held December 9 – 10. Headlining the event at the Walter E. Convention Center are Guy Fieri and José Andrés. Fieri is a restaurateur and the star of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and Guy’s Grocery Games on the Food Network.Andrés is a James Beard award-winning chef and personality, restaurateur, founder of Think Food Group and RAMMY award winner.
Attendees will appreciate the James Beard Foundation Cooking Stage, and its star-studded culinary team, including celebrity chefs with a local D.C. presence:
- Victor Albisu (Del Campo and Taco Bamba, D.C.)
- Amy Brandwein (Centrolina)
- Erik Bruner-Yang (Maketto)
- Michael Friedman (Red Hen D.C., All Purpose D.C.)
- Marjorie Meek-Bradley (Smoked and Stacked)
- Michael Schlow (James Beard Chef, Tico D.C., The Riggsby)
- Vikram Sunderam (Rasika and Bindaas)
Additional top James Beard award-winning chefs will be on hand:
- Gavin Kaysen (Spoon and Stable, Minneapolis, Bellecour, Wayzata)
- Guillermo Pernot (Cuba Libre, Philadelphia)
- Sherry Yard ( Helms Bakery District, Los Angeles; iPic Entertainment Restaurants)
MetroCooking D.C. demonstrations and pavilions
The Beer, Wine and Spirits Garden two-day event is part of the set of interactive demonstrations and attractions that are part of the 2017 MetroCooking D.C. Show. Chef Marjorie Meek-Bradley will present the BBQ Bash Saturday, December 9, and will be joined by top D.C.-area barbecue restaurants, which will serve up tasty samples and offer up grilling techniques and trends.
Participants will experience a variety of tastings and cooking demos. Additionally, there will be an opportunity to sample and shop from 200 specialty food & beverage exhibitors.
Tickets are available here.
Photo credit: MetroCooking Show DC