Top chefs from D.C. and beyond headline popular MetroCooking Show
Top chefs will be abundant at the Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining (MetroCooking) Show in Washington, D.C., being held December 9 – 10. Headlining the event at the Walter E. Convention Center are Guy Fieri and José Andrés. Fieri is a restaurateur and the star of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and Guy’s Grocery Games on the Food Network.Andrés is a James Beard award-winning chef and personality, restaurateur, founder of Think Food Group and RAMMY award winner.
Attendees will appreciate the James Beard Foundation Cooking Stage, and its star-studded culinary team, including celebrity chefs with a local D.C. presence:
- Victor Albisu (Del Campo and Taco Bamba, D.C.)
- Amy Brandwein (Centrolina)
- Erik Bruner-Yang (Maketto)
- Michael Friedman (Red Hen D.C., All Purpose D.C.)
- Marjorie Meek-Bradley (Smoked and Stacked)
- Michael Schlow (James Beard Chef, Tico D.C., The Riggsby)
- Vikram Sunderam (Rasika and Bindaas)
Additional top James Beard award-winning chefs will be on hand:
- Gavin Kaysen (Spoon and Stable, Minneapolis, Bellecour, Wayzata)
- Guillermo Pernot (Cuba Libre, Philadelphia)
- Sherry Yard ( Helms Bakery District, Los Angeles; iPic Entertainment Restaurants)
MetroCooking D.C. demonstrations and pavilions
The Beer, Wine and Spirits Garden two-day event is part of the set of interactive demonstrations and attractions that are part of the 2017 MetroCooking D.C. Show. Chef Marjorie Meek-Bradley will present the BBQ Bash Saturday, December 9, and will be joined by top D.C.-area barbecue restaurants, which will serve up tasty samples and offer up grilling techniques and trends.
Participants will experience a variety of tastings and cooking demos. Additionally, there will be an opportunity to sample and shop from 200 specialty food & beverage exhibitors.
Tickets are available here.
Photo credit: MetroCooking DC (featured preview image)
About the publisher of this restaurant news site.