Restaurant chains offer up free food on Veterans Day to active, retired military
Restaurants are making special offers, including free food on Veterans Day 2018, and beyond
Restaurant chains are showing goodwill as they look to attract veterans and their families during the 2018 Veterans Day weekend. Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt is providing free frozen yogurt to active and retired military at participating stores. The nearly-200-unit chain is providing a coupon online for this offer on its website. At Ruby Tuesday, all military personnel will enjoy a free appetizer from a select menu on Sunday, November 11. Veterans and active duty military personnel will receive a free entree at California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) from a special Veterans Day menu November 11. Additionally, CPK guests will receive a card that day to redeem a buy-one, get-one free offer on a return visit between November 12-18.
Ruby Tuesday participating guests can take advantage of the free appetizer selections from the list below, up to a $10 value:
FREE RUBY TUESDAY APPETIZER SELECTIONS
- Bangin’ Shrimp: Classic or spicy and served with house-made ranch
- Southern Sampler: BBQ pork meatballs, bacon deviled eggs, pimento cheese, and house-made crackers
- Loaded Potato Chips: Crispy potato chips with melted cheddar and queso, tomatoes, red peppers, and scallions
- BBQ Pork Meatballs: Braised pork meatballs and a BBQ sauce
Spinach Artichoke Dip: Made with tender artichoke heart and shredded parmesan cheese. Served with unlimited tortilla chips
- Bacon Deviled Eggs: With a hint of heat, crispy bacon, and spices
- Shrimp Fondue: A blend of spicy shrimp, cheese, and fresh pico de gallo, with unlimited tortilla chips
- New! Classic Sampler: House-Baked Soft Pretzels with queso, spinach artichoke dip, and mozzarella sticks
- Cheddar Cheese Queso & Chips: Melted cheddar, roasted peppers, and queso dip. Served with unlimited tortilla chips
- New! House-Baked Soft Pretzels: Served with both queso and mustard dipping sauces
- New! Mozzarella Sticks: Crispy breaded mozzarella sticks served with marinara dipping sauce
CPK is offering its special Veterans Day menu November 11. See below for the CPK Veterans Day menu selections:
- The Original BBQ Chicken Pizza: CPK’s legendary BBQ sauce, smoked gouda, red onions, and fresh cilantro come together to transform this original to iconic
- Hawaiian: Topped with fresh pineapple, applewood smoked ham and slivered scallions
- Mushroom Pepperoni Sausage: Cremini mushrooms, rustic pepperoni, spicy Italian sausage, fresh torn basil, Mozzarella with wild Greek oregano
- Pepperoni: a combination of rustic and spicy pepperoni with fresh Mozzarella and wild Greek oregano
- Five Cheese + Fresh Tomato: fresh and traditional mozzarella, monterey jack, smoked gouda and romano with fresh tomato and basil
- Traditional Cheese: Made with classic tomato sauce and mozzarella
- The Original BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad: Black beans, sweet corn, jicama, fresh cilantro & basil, crispy corn tortilla strips, Monterey Jack, and CPK’s housemade herb ranch, topped with BBQ chicken, tomatoes and scallions
- Thai Crunch: Crisp veggies and fresh cilantro with chicken and the crunch of peanuts, wontons, and rice sticks, tossed in Thai peanut dressing
- Classic Caesar: Crisp Romaine with shaved Parmesan and housemade garlic butter croutons
- Italian Chopped: Roasted turkey breast, julienned salami, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, Mozzarella and fresh basil tossed in housemade mustard herb vinaigrette
- Garlic Cream Fettuccine with Chicken: CPK’s garlic parmesan cream sauce with chicken and fresh Italian parsley
- Kung Pao Spaghetti with Chicken: CPK’s twist on a Chinese classic with garlic, scallions, peanuts and hot red chilies
- Bolognese Spaghetti: Slowly simmered rustic meat sauce with cremini mushrooms, sprinkled with scallions
More information on the CPK Veterans Day offer can be found at www.cpk.com/veteransday.
Orange Leaf says its franchising program also honors veterans by providing a 15-percent discount off the initial franchise fee through their 3-star partnership with VetFran. The discount applies to the three Orange Leaf models: traditional, kiosk, and co-brands. For fall, Orange Leaf introduced the new, Hot Chocolate flavor, made with Ghirardelli, in a partnership with the chocolate maker. Additionally, Orange Leaf has brought back its popular Toasted Marshmallow frozen yogurt.
According to an email campaign, Dunkin’ will povide veterans and active military personnel a free doughnut on Veterans Day. Starbucks will offer a tall, brewed coffee to military personnel, veterans and their spouses, and donate $0.15 per coffee to the Blue Star Families charity, reports Thrillist. Macaroni Grill will provide military personnel and veterans a free Mom’s Ricotta Meatballs and Spaghetti dish.
All offers have their own requirements and limitations, and may require presentation of a military ID card. Restaurant chains recommend that customers first check restaurant websites for offer specificity.
Photo credit: Orange Leaf (featured), CPK & Aria Group (inline)