Winter 2019 menu at Corner Bakery spotlights protein, seafood
Corner Bakery has introduced new dishes to add to its seasonal, winter lineup. The Dallas-based bakery-cafe chain announced the addition of these menu items, which are heavy on protein and flavor, with the infusion of garlic in the shrimp. They’re also timely for Lent Season. Corner Bakery has added the Bacon Avocado Egg Bowl, Carved Ham & Swiss Egg Bowl, Pesto Egg & Cheese Panini, Shrimp Scampi Linguine, and a Power Greens Shrimp Caesar Salad.
“We are always looking for new ways to bring our guests fresh and innovative dishes,” said Corner Bakery CMO Donna Josephson, in a news release. “We are excited to introduce our guests to these fresh and flavorful new dishes.”
Corner Bakery has an all-day menu that focuses on a variety of options, drawing customers in all dayparts: breakfast, lunch and dinner. By adding shrimp to the menu, customers abstaining from eating meat during Lent can find new dishes to try during the season. Corner Bakery Egg Bowls combine veggies and proteins, including Bacon. These Egg Bowls focus in on consumers’ desire for increasing protein intake. According to research firm NPD, 60 percent of consumers want more protein in their diets.
Additionally, Corner Bakery also added Cake Truffle Bites to the menu, available in lemon, salted caramel pecan and carrot cake.
Here are the new, innovative, seasonal offerings from Corner Bakery, as its announcement described them:
- Carved Ham & Swiss Egg Bowl: fluffy scrambled eggs topped with pecan wood smoked ham, roasted red peppers, green onions and Swiss cheese finished with a drizzle of garlic cream sauce served with sourdough toast
- Bacon Avocado Egg Bowl: fluffy scrambled eggs topped with Applewood smoked bacon, diced tomato, chopped baby spinach, cheddar cheese and avocado served with sourdough toast
- Pesto, Egg & Cheese Panini: fluffy scrambled eggs, tomato, fresh Mozzarella and pesto on grilled sourdough
- Shrimp Scampi Linguine: garlic roasted shrimp and linguine tossed with garlic butter, tomato, fresh parsley, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese
- Power Greens Shrimp Caesar Salad: garlic roasted shrimp, shredded Parmesan cheese, and homemade croutons on our power greens blend of baby kale, spinach, and arugula with classic Caesar dressing
Part of the restaurant portfolio of private equity firm Roark Capital, Corner Bakery has nearly 200 units in operation under company and franchise ownership. Roark Capital acquired the fast-casual chain in 2011.
For more about the publisher of this restaurant news site, navigate here.