Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse bar menu revamped
Double Eagle Steakhouse adds Alaskan King Crab Cocktail, Salmon Crudo, Lobster Tails
The Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse bar menu has powered up with new additions, including Alaskan King Crab Cocktail, Salmon Crudo and Corndog Battered Lobster Tails. Cheesesteak Eggrolls and Dry-Aged Burgers round out the bar menu that is featured prominently at locations nationwide. Meanwhile, the chain’s chefs created specially-curated, localized dishes for targeted use in different markets
Each new bar menu dish offers its own twist on a classic. Salmon Crudo combines Ora King salmon with lime and miso. And the Double Eagle Steakhouse Alaskan King Crab Cocktail is served with stone mustard sauce. Also, the Double Eagle Steakhouse serves its Corndog Battered Lobster Tails with grilled corn remoulade and creole honey mustard.
Curating a local bar menu
Del Frisco’s encourages each Double Eagle Steakhouse executive chef to choose new bar menu dishes based on local preferences. These new localized offerings then become part of the revitalized Double Eagle Steakhouse bar menu in each market. As part of its announcement, Del Frisco’s released this sample list of localized dishes in different cities:
- Shaved Black Truffle Wagyu Hot Dog – Black Truffle Wagyu with foie gras, apple balsamic chutney and pickled daikon slaw, is offered in New York City.
- Tempura Shrimp Sushi Cones – flash-fried shrimp, sticky rice, avocado, pea shoots and ponzu is served in Atlanta.
- Portabella Lump Crab Stack – avocado, pickled shallots and sweet soy aioli, and lump crab with portabella mushrooms is offered in Las Vegas.
- Lamb Lollipops – tender lamb with fennel arugula slaw and cucumber dill yogurt sauce is featured in Orlando, Fla.
- Oyster Po’ Boy – the classic is prepared with Cajun mayo, fresno peppers and served with hand-cut fries, and offered in Charlotte, N.C.
“Whether you’re craving a casual drink and meal with colleagues or joining us for an evening out on the town with family, friends or that special someone, our new bar menu ensures every guest enjoys a special, sophisticated experience every time,” said Scott Smith, president of Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse.
In recent months, activist investor Engaged Capital has been working with Del Frisco’s Restaurant Group to create additional value. The acquisition of Barteca Restaurant Group and the sale of Sullivan’s Steakhouse came into question this year and DFRG eliminated its poison pill provision. Additionally, DFRG also provided a board seat friendly to Engaged Capital.
Photo credit: Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse
About the publisher of this restaurant news site.