Quaker Steak and Lube launches winter menu enhancements, new Eat Heat sauce
More steak choices, larger Thunderbird cut, new Beyond Meat option add choice for guests
Quaker Steak and Lube launched a new menu to start the year. The casual-dining chain offers new entree, sandwich, sauce and dessert options. And new steak and seafood options provide exapnded choice. An “extreme heat” hot sauce also arrived in the “Eat Heat.” Quaker Steak also added more healthy options for guests.
Quaker steak prepares a featured pan-seared salmon with light seasoning, adding it as an entree or with the Surf & Turf. Guests can combine the salmon with flame-grilled chicken or top sirloin steak as a Surf & Turf option. Additional changes below reflect enhancements to the winter menu.
Quaker Steak winter menu enhancements
- Four cuts of USDA Choice aged beef seasoned and grilled provide added choice for steak lovers
- Bigger is better: Quaker Steak made its signature Thunderbird top sirloin steak two ounces larger to create a 10-ounce cut
- The petite 6-ounce top sirloin appeals to those looking for a lighter steak choice, while the popular NY Strip and Choice Ribeye steaks make for heartier meals. Both remain on the menu
- For the Surf & Turf category, guests can also pair the 6-ounce top sirloin with panko crusted shrimp
- In the Turf & Turf entrée, guests can now opt to pair a flame-grilled chicken breast with the top sirloin
- Steak toppings: Quaker Steak customers can now add market-cut bacon, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, horseradish cream, blue cheese crumbles, or a fried egg to any steak
- A Buffalo Chicken Sandwich now appears on the menu. It’s served grilled or hand breaded and fried and tossed in Quaker Steak’s hot sauce
- Quaker Steak now provides the option to order its seven steakburgers double-stacked with a second patty; for the non-meat option, guests can now substitute a meat patty with the plant-based Beyond Meat patty option
“When creating our new menu, we incorporated guest favorites, trending food and flavors, staff and guest feedback,” said Bruce Lane, Quaker Steak vice president. “We have taken a great menu and made it even better. Every Quaker Steak guest is sure to find something they will love.” In addition, Westlake, Ohio-based Quaker Steak and Lube added a “hand-crafted” Black Raspberry Soda and a Cookies & Cream Milkshake to the beverage menu.
New Quaker Steak dessert options
- The Brownie Marshmallow Crisp Sundae features three layers: a rich classic brownie atop a Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Treats bar. It’s then topped with vanilla bean ice cream and drizzled with fudge
- Quaker Steak also added New York-Style Cheesecakes. One is topped with whipped cream and fresh strawberries. Another features Oreo cookie pieces and a fudge drizzle
- Amazing Chocolate Chunk Cookie Skillet, a popular menu item, continues to be a dessert option for guests
Plus, Quaker Steak added a Garlic Parmesan sauce and Eat Heat sauce. The latter requires a signed waiver before consumption and contains scorpion pepper venom and concentrated capsaicin, sweetened slightly with wildberries. It’s the hottest sauce available at Quaker Steak.
According to its announcement, “Brave guests are invited to take the Eat Heat Challenge—eating six wings with the Eat Heat sauce—to receive a t-shirt and post on the brand’s virtual board of challenge winners. The Eat Heat sauce is estimated to be five times hotter than Quaker Steak’s original Atomic sauce and nearly twice as hot as its previously offered Triple Atomic sauce.”
Photo credit: Quaker Steak and Lube
About the publisher of this restaurant news site.