Venture plans 200 virtual kitchens by end of 2021
sbe, a major hospitality developer, operator and management company, jumped into the virtual-kitchen game with its new C3 venture. For the venture, it partnered with developer and mall owner Simon, as well as Accor, an experiential, augmented hospitality group and hotel owner. C3 will be used to power the food halls, ghost kitchens and mobile ordering capabilities of sbe and its partners.
C3 food halls
A major goal of the C3 partnership, according to said Sam Nazarian, sbe founder and owner, and C3 majority shareholder, will benefit consumers. It will provide them with “phone-to-table” meals in under 30 minutes for less than $30.
In these new food halls, C3 emerges as a single-operator variation of a shared business model that has typically benefited smaller chains and independents. According to sbe’s announcement, “All three partners of C3 bring ample opportunity for ghost kitchens to occupy currently underutilized spaces in an innovative manner, such as existing kitchen facilities across the sbe and Accor networks.”
sbe building C3 ghost kitchens
To C3 ghost kitchens, sbe brings a culinary-focused, chef-driven approach. By the end of 2021, 200 C3 kitchens will operate, announced sbe. Here are the global chefs joining C3 and the accompanying sbe-provided descriptions:
- Dani Garcia is a three-star Michelin chef and one of the leading Andalusian chefs in the world, will launch his Mediterranean tapas-style concept across the C3 ghost kitchen ecosystem.
- Masaharu Morimoto garnered critical and popular acclaim for his signature style featuring a seamless integration of Western and Japanese ingredients.
- Dario Cecchini launched his Tuscan interpretation of an Italian sandwich shop.
- Martin Heierling serves as sbe chief culinary officer.
Chief culinary officer for sbe, Martin Heierling, curated the following brands for C3:
- Krispy Rice, inspired by sbe’s Katsuya brand
- Plant Nation, a 100-percent plant-based concept in collaboration with Impossible Foods
- Sam’s Crispy Chicken, an antibiotic-free chicken concept
- 12 Chairs, a caviar bar
- EllaMia gourmet coffee eatery by sbe’s Corporate Executive Pastry Chef Romain Fournel
- Umami Burger, burger concept that earned the “Burger of the Year” award from GQ magazine
sbe oversees a portolio that will tally 36 hotels and over 200 global culinary, nightlife and entertainment venues by the end of 2020
For more about the publisher of this restaurant news site, navigate here.