Taco choices now include Chickenless Pollo, ‘World’s First Keto’ Tacos
El Pollo Loco rolled out Mix and Match Street Tacos, giving customers seven taco options to mix and match or order in a six taco box set. New options include Chickenless Pollo, a plant-based, meat-free option and the ‘World’s First Ketco Taco,” a better-for-you, lifestyle selection. Mix and Match Street Tacos launched as a limited-time offer, according to an announcement from EL Pollo Loco.
El Pollo Loco Mix and Match Street Taco menu
Here’s the list of taco options for the Mix and Match LTO (limited-time offer):
- Chickenless Pollo Taco – EL Pollo Loco prepares the Chickenless Pollo Taco with a plant-based protein, slow simmered in a sauce of ﬁre-roasted peppers, onions and tomatoes. The meatless protein comes with queso fresco, lettuce, and fresh avocado, wrapped in a new corn and flour tortilla
- The World’s First Keto Taco – this lifestyle option and Keto Certified Taco features tender pieces of fire-grilled chicken with jack cheese, handmade pico and avocado in a keto-friendly tortilla, drizzled with creamy cilantro dressing
- Chicken Avocado – El Pollo Loco prepares its Chicken Avocado Taco with fire-grilled chicken, lettuce and queso fresco, served on an artisan tortilla. Restaurants then top these with pico de gallo, avocado and creamy cilantro dressing, and wrap them in a new corn and flour tortilla
- Street Corn Taco – The Street Corn Taco features fire-grilled chicken, lettuce and queso fresco, with corn and baja sauce, wrapped in a new corn and flour tortilla
- Baja Shrimp Taco – For the Baja Shrimp Taco, El Pollo Loco prepares its shrimp with a chipotle and garlic marinade, topped with fresh shredded cabbage, house-made pico de gallo and baja sauce. Restaurants then wrap it in a new corn and flour tortilla
- Spicy Shrimp Taco – shrimp prepared with a chipotle and garlic marinade, with coleslaw, salsa roja and creamy queso fresco, wrapped in a new corn and flour tortilla
- Chicken Tacos Al Carbon – a guest fave, made with fire-grilled chicken, hand chopped onions and cilantro, wrapped in a warm flour tortilla
“We’re thrilled to expand on that (earlier-year better-for-you options launch) with the new Mix & Match Street Tacos that were created to fit every taste preference and lifestyle, as well as debut our first plant-based protein and Keto taco,” said Mark Hardison, Marketing SVP at El Pollo Loco.
Customers can become one of 10 lucky winners of an Endless Taco Party by following El Pollo Locon on Instagram (@elpolloloco) and looking out for future instructions. El Pollo Loco operates and franchises 480+ restaurants in Arizona, California, Nevada, Texas, Utah, and Louisiana.
Photo credit: El Pollo Loco
About the publisher of this restaurant news site.