Breastaurant chain adopts safety guidelines to welcome back diners
Hooters opened up more than 150 of its locations for in-restaurant dining during Phase One of state reopenings. Emphasizing safety for its staff and guests, the Atlanta-based casual-dining chain’s restaurants are practicing social distancing and taking detailed steps and adopting best practices. Customers can order classics, including Roasted Wings, meatless Unreal Wings and guest favorites, such as Smoked Wings, Original-Style Wings, Naked Wings, Daytona Beach-Style Wings, Bacon Wrapped Wings, and Boneless Wings.
Will customers come back?
Hooters is pressing forward with reopening restaurants as state and local municipalities remove restrictions. Yet, not all restaurant owners feel that it is safe to reopen. And customers are also approaching restaurant reopenings with trepidation. According to foodservice menu-analytics firm Datassential, 56 percent of consumers are “very concerned” about coronavirus. What’s worse, 55 percent of consumers are also “definitely avoiding” eating out.
In addition to its breastaurant-style service model, Hooters became known for customizable wing sauces. Guests choose from 14 “craveable sauces,” while enjoying the social aspects of its restaurants. The restaurants also list on the menu five dry rubs, the likes of Texas BBQ, Caribbean Jerk or Garlic Habanero.
Hooters safety steps
Hooters executives announced the following safety and sanitation steps, provided here with their descriptions:
- Maintaining six feet distance between all persons
- Limiting the number of guests into the restaurant following state and local occupancy requirements
- Increased cleaning and sanitation throughout the restaurant, including wipe downs of tables after each use, hourly wipe downs of high contact areas, and nightly deep cleanings
- Providing hand sanitizer stations at the entrance and throughout the restaurant
- Frequent handwashing by all team members (at least every 30 minutes or more if needed)
- Requiring team members to wear gloves & face coverings at all times (with gloves being replaced after each guest interaction); We also ask that guests follow local and state mandates regarding face coverings
- Conducting daily team member wellness screenings, including temperature checks
- A hygiene captain is assigned to each shift to ensure compliance to all guidelines
As it reopens dining rooms, Hooters continues to offer takeout, including pick-up, curbside and delivery.
For more about the publisher of this restaurant news site, navigate here.