Wingstop launches Wing Day promotion with virtual, summer DJ concert, free-wing giveaway
5FreeWings offer to boost prospects of mostly-virtual promotion
Through Wingstop Wing Day (WSWD), Wingstop launched a new promotion culminating July 29 that includes a free giveaway and a live-streamed, virtual, international music festival. Curated by DJ Jazzy Jeff, the virtual DJ experience will feature several talented artists, starting at 12:01 a.m. that day, which marks National Chicken Wing Day. The 5-piece wing giveaway will also be active during July 29 for orders on Wingstop’s website using the online code “5FreeWings,” with a wing purchase, or in-store with a purchase.
Music fans can tune into the summer WSWD festival by navigating to wingstopwingday.com. In addition to the global DJ lineup, the site will feature special Spotify playlists starting July 24, which celebrate and reflect 11 different wing flavors. And for every 5 WSWD free-wing offers redeemed by customers, Wingstop will donate $1 to Wingstop Charities, a nonprofit organization that “engages youth in the pursuit of their passions by offering competitive grants to local students,” announced the Dallas-based fast-casual chain.
“With many summer plans canceled, we’re launching WSWD, a flavor-filled digital festival to celebrate our fans by providing them with an amazing international DJ lineup and five free wings to fuel their day,” said Christina Clarke, Wingstop chief marketing officer.
Wingstop WSWD summer DJ music festival schedule
Here is the lineup as provided and described by Wingstop:
- 12:01 a.m. EDT: DJ SHORTKUT – Jonathan Cruz aka DJ SHORTKUT has a passion for every genre of music. He began his career in San Francisco in 1987 and has competed in World DJ Championship since 1994.
- 8 a.m. EDT: DJ Mr. Thing – A British hip-hop producer, Mr. Thing was the winner of the 2000 DMC UK DJ Championship. He is both a DJ and turntablist.
- Noon EDT: DJ Puffy – DJ Puffy is a Barbadian disc jockey and was the 2016 winner of the Red Bull Music 3Style World DJ Championship. He is known for his unique Caribbean-EDM sound.
- 4 p.m. EDT: DJ Craze – DJ Craze is a Nicaraguan American DJ and record producer who plays hip-hop, Miami bass, trap, breaks, dubstep, drum and bass and practices turntablism. He is the only solo DJ in history to claim the DMC World DJ Championship trophy three times consecutively.
- 7 p.m. EDT: DJ Jazzy Jeff – DJ Jazzy Jeff is a DJ, record producer, actor, and comedian. He is a DMC hall of famer for his contributions to the world of hip-hop and DJing, and won two Grammy awards alongside Will Smith for his role in the hip-hop duo DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince.
- 10 p.m. EDT: DJ Z-Trip – DJ Z-Trip was a pioneer of the mashup movement and the 2009 recipient of the “America’s Best DJ Award.”
Photo credit: Wingstop (free preview image)
About the publisher of this restaurant news site.