Casual-dining chain’s additions highlight combos, family bundles
Bonefish Grill launched an expanded menu with new pairings of its seafood-centric offerings. Unveiled for both takeout, including pickup and delivery, and on-premises dining options, new seafood pairings and surf and turf combos make landfall on the menu.
The “curated collection,” as the chain described it, includes a Mahi-Mahi & Shrimp Perfect Pairing that puts the spotlight on wood-grilled Mahi-Mahi alongside five jumbo shrimp that are brushed with a light, citrus herb marinade, in addition to four other selections.
These new menu pairings and campaign should trigger additional traffic and help boost sales going into the autumn season. In its second-quarter reporting, which reflected the onset of the pandemic and local restrictions, Bonefish Grill parent Bloomin’ Brands reported a (comp)arable sales decrease of 56.8 percent at the chain. By mid-July, Bonefish Grill had accelerated to (10.7) percent comp sales at stores that had dining rooms open.
Bonefish Grill Seafood Pairings menu
The casual-dining chain features the following pairings:
- Georges Bank Scallops & Shrimp – sugar sweet, yet firm texture scallops from Georges Bank, served with jumbo shrimp
- Mahi-Mahi & Shrimp – wood-grilled Mahi-Mahi paired with five jumbo shrimp that are brushed with a light, citrus herb marinade
- Lobster Tail & Crab Cake – seasoned and steamed cold water lobster tail accompanied by a Maryland-Style Crab Cake and red rémoulade sauce
- Steak & Crab Cake – 6-ounce center-cut sirloin and a Maryland-Style Crab Cake
- Steak & Lobster Tail – 6-ounce center-cut sirloin paired with seasoned and steamed cold water lobster tail
Bonefish Grill also added a Family Bundles menu that includes salad, family-style sides and cookies, with prices starting at $30. Some options include Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos, Chicken Marsala and Mahi + Shrimp or Lily’s Chicken + Shrimp.
To learn more about the publisher of this restaurant news site, navigate here.