Bloomin’ Brands chain focuses on value to attract customers
Outback released new additions to its menu and launched Steak ‘N Mate Combos, increasing choice while also making its dining experience more budget-friendly for guests. The Tampa, Fla.-based casual-dining chain has also brought back Aussie Twisted Ribs and Three Cheese Steak Dip.
Steak ‘N Mate Combos menu
Outback Steakhouse created a way to simplify navigating the restaurants’ menus by separating steak choices by cooking style. Guests can now select from Season & Seared, Slow-Roasted, and Char-Grilled.
Here are the Steak ‘N Mate Combos the steakhouse chain launched:
- Center-cut Sirloin and Choice of Shrimp (Grilled Shrimp or Shrimp on the Barbie)
- Center-cut Sirloin and Aussie Twisted Ribs
- Center-cut Sirloin and Grilled Chicken
- Ribeye and Choice of Shrimp
- Filet Mignon and Lobster
The restaurant chain, which is part of the Bloomin’ Brands family of restaurants, also announced ‘adjusting” menu prices as part of a review centered on providing value to its guests. New menu items will debut September 2 at company-owned locations. Franchise restaurants in Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming will not participate in this menu refresh.
Expanding lunch, dinner, dessert options
In addition, Outback Steakhouse added new casual and comfort options. Here are the additions with descriptions as per a company statement:
- Braised Beef Bonzer-Wich – tender beef braised in spicy barbeque sauce, with melted Cheddar cheese on grilled panini bread, served with a side of steakhouse cheese sauce for dipping
- Prime Rib Sandwich – tender slow-roasted prime rib, grilled onions and mushrooms, Provolone cheese, and spicy signature bloom sauce on a toasted baguette, served with a side of French onion au jus and creamy horseradish sauce
- Bloomin’ Fried Chicken – hand-battered in Bloomin’ Onion seasoning, fried then drizzled with spicy signature bloom sauce with house-made pickles, onion, lettuce, and tomato
- Pork and Pineapple Medallions – seasoned and seared pork tenderloin medallions glazed with caramel mustard and garnished with pineapple
- Toowoomba Salmon – grilled salmon topped with seasoned and sautéed shrimp tossed with mushrooms in a creamy Creole sauce
- Butter Cake – sweet and rich butter cake topped with strawberries and house-made whipped cream
- Chocolate Fondue Flight – warm chocolate fondue with bites of moist brownie and rich butter cake pieces, fresh seasonal berries and pineapple and house-made whipped cream
“We know value is important to our guests, especially now,” said Danielle Vona, chief marketing officer for Outback Steakhouse. “In addition to adding a second side to most entrées, we’ve lowered prices on some of our signature appetizers as well as some of our larger cuts of steak.”
To learn more about the publisher of this restaurant news site, navigate here.