New Cholula Menu to feature all-daypart options
Del Taco Restaurants added a new $1 Crispy Chicken Cholula Taco and $5 Epic Cholula Crispy Chicken Burrito. These new options—available October 8—expand the Crispy Chicken Taco lineup and feature Cholula Hot Sauce, a condiment with name-brand recognition. Additional menu items will incorporate the popular hot sauce and debut this month.
“Cholula and tacos are made for each other, but it is amazing poured on just about everything else and that’s why we have it in a burrito, on loaded fries, and in our breakfast rollers with eggs and cheese,” said Tim Hackbardt, chief marketing officer at Del Taco.
Del Taco Cholula Menu
Starting October 8, the new Cholula Menu introduces more items, including two that are part of Del’s Dollar Deals. Here are the new additions, including descriptions provided by Del Taco:
- Cholula Crispy Chicken Taco – crispy chicken strip, crisp lettuce, freshly grated cheddar cheese, spicy Cholula Original Hot Sauce, in a warm flour tortilla
- Epic Cholula Crispy Chicken Burrito – loaded with crispy chicken strips, fresh romaine and iceberg lettuce blend, sour cream, fresh diced tomatoes, crispy tortilla strips, and spicy Cholula Original Hot Sauce wrapped in a warm, oversized flour tortilla
- Cholula Loaded Fries – crinkle-Cut Fries topped with spicy Cholula Original Hot Sauce, seasoned beef, freshly hand-grated cheese, sour cream, diced onions, and chopped cilantro
- Cholula Egg & Cheese Breakfast Roller – scrambled eggs, freshly grated cheddar cheese, spicy Cholula Original Hot Sauce, in a warm flour tortilla
- Cholula Chorizo Breakfast Roller – scrambled eggs, freshly grated cheddar cheese, spicy Cholula Original Hot Sauce and chorizo sausage, in a warm flour tortilla
- Cholula Bacon Breakfast Roller – scrambled eggs, freshly grated cheddar cheese, spicy Cholula Original Hot Sauce and crispy bacon, in a warm flour tortilla
Promotion, free offers, Tacoberfest
600-unit Del Taco will also feature a “hair metal band” as part of the launch of Cholula Hot Sauce menu. CRYS///P TYGER will debut Monday, October 12 on social media channels, accompanied by hairspray, leopard print spandex and Cholula Crispy Chicken Tacos.
In addition, on October 10, the Lake Forest, Calif.-based chain will offer a free Cholula Crispy Chicken Taco, with a purchase, for orders placed on the mobile app for drive-thru or delivery, except third-party.
The Mexican-style QSR chain previously launched Tacoberfest in October, featuring different free menu items and special discounts. Each weekend, a new promotion can be redeemed via the Del Taco mobile app.
Photo credit: Del Taco (featured preview image)
About the publisher of this restaurant news site.