Six new filled-pasta creations will test in three markets
Noodles and Company began testing new Ravioli and Tortelloni pasta dishes. The fast-casual chain, specializing in classic noodle, Zoodle and Caulifloodle bowls, is conducting the beta in Colorado, Illinois and Ohio. In a move to provide variety and value, these upscale, filled pastas incorporate premium cheese and are sautéed with vegetables.
For example, the new Tortelloni pastas feature caramelized onions, ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, reveals Nick Graff, executive chef at Noodles and Company. The Ravioli pastas kick up flavor with a blend of ricotta, Parmigiano Reggiano, and mozzarella cheeses.
He added, “We truly have something on the menu for everyone, and with these new additions, there’s even more for our guests to enjoy.”
With a culinary focus, the fast casual created Zoodles, a lighter, zucchini-based “noodle.” The Gochujang in Spicy Korean Beef Noodles stands as another innovative, chef-led initiative heralded by the chain. Moreover, the menu development team is credited with the new test Ravioli and Tortellini creations, which were a year in the making.
At participating test locations, customers can taste the test pastas. Noodles reward members will receive free delivery through December 31, 2020 on this new offering. Here are the Tortelloni and Ravioli descriptions released by Noodles and Company:
- 3-Cheese Tortelloni Rosa: Tortelloni filled with a blend of ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, onions and garlic in spicy tomato cream sauce, with mushrooms, Roma tomato, spinach and parmesan
- 3-Cheese Tortelloni Pesto: Tortelloni filled with a blend of ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, onions and garlic in basil pesto cream sauce with garlic, mushrooms, tomato, and parmesan
- Roasted Garlic Cream Tortelloni: Cheese-filled tortelloni in light roasted garlic & onion cream sauce with zucchini, mushrooms and spinach, finished with MontAmoré cheese and parsley
- Parmigiano Ravioli Rosa: Parmigiano Reggiano cheese-filled ravioli in spicy tomato cream sauce with mushrooms, Roma tomato, spinach and parmesan
- Parmigiano Ravioli Pesto: Parmigiano Reggiano cheese-filled ravioli in basil pesto cream sauce with garlic, mushrooms, tomato, and fresh parmesan
- Roasted Garlic Cream Ravioli: Parmigiano Reggiano cheese-filled ravioli in light roasted garlic & onion cream sauce with zucchini, mushrooms and spinach, finished with MontAmoré cheese
Through December 19, 2020, Noodles reward members will receive an offer for a pasta dish free of charge after purchasing any size pasta bowl. Noodles and Company extends the offer to those customers placing their order on Noodles.com or the Noodles Rewards app.
Photo credit: Noodles and Company (featured preview image)
About the publisher of this restaurant news site.