New board member adds perspective on racial disparities, business strategies
Deval Patrick joined the Toast Board of Directors. Patrick serves as a senior advisor at Bain Capital. He is also the founder and chairman of TogetherFUND, a PAC (political action committee) that was created to increase voter engagement among disenfranchised and marginalized voters.
Patrick served as governor of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts—the first Black person to hold that office. Under his tenure, he helped move health care initiatives forward and also promoted clean energy and biotechnology. Previously, he was Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights and a founder & managing director of Bain Capital’s Double Impact Fund.
“We are honored to welcome former Governor Deval Patrick to the Toast Board of Directors,” said Chris Comparato, chief executive of Toast. “As a dedicated former public official, we look forward to leveraging his unique insights and perspectives on how Toast can bring meaningful change to the communities where we and our customers serve.”
Patrick will join current Toast board members:
- Paul Bell, operating partner at Lead Edge Capital
- Kent Bennett, partner at Bessemer Venture Partners
- Susan Chapman-Hughes, director of the J.M. Smucker Company
- Mark Hawkins, president, chief financial officer and emeritus advisor at Salesforce
- Steve Papa, founder and chief executive of Endeca, which is now part of Oracle; founder and current chief executive of Parallel Wireless
- David Yuan, TCV general manager
Comparato also expects Patrick to help strengthen Toast’s strategy as a technology concern within the restaurant industry. Patrick’s role on the Board becomes effective immediately.
To learn more about the publisher of this restaurant news site, navigate here.