IHOP plans to open flip’d fast-casual concept in New York City
Unveiling of new-format store in desirable segment confirmed by executives
IHOP plans to move forward with the opening of its fast-casual flip’d restaurant, confirming its unveiling in New York City later this summer. The limited-service concept will focus on portable and quick meal options that include pancake bowls, egg sandwiches, burritos & bowls, steakburgers, and chicken sandwiches.
The concept is built as an all-day affair, as executives hope many of the hand-helds and bowls on the flip’d menu, along with espresso drinks and beverages, will appeal to consumers seeking snacking choices and evening refueling.
New York City first
After New York, stores in Lawrence, Kansas, and Columbus and Dublin in Ohio, will debut. As a franchise concept, flip’d will strategize development, focusing on three key real estate opportunities: larger metropolitan areas, suburban areas and non-traditional venues.
“While we know there is a pent-up demand for a return to dining in restaurants, we anticipate that our delivery and takeout business is here to stay as consumer needs continue to shift and they seek out different ways to experience IHOP favorites,” Jay Johns, president of IHOP. “With flip’d, we can provide that on-the-go fast casual experience, making now the perfect time to bring this concept into the world.”
Flip’d by IHOP menu
The new fast casual will feature a variety of dishes. Here are menu items and descriptions as provided by IHOP:
- Signature Pancake Bowls including the flip’d Original featuring IHOP’s world-famous Buttermilk Pancakes with whipped real butter and a variety of mix-ins; and the Strawberry Banana with banana pancakes, fresh strawberries, bananas and whipped topping
- Build Your Own Signature Pancake Bowls with a choice of fresh flipped pancakes, steel-cut oatmeal or vanilla Greek yogurt as a base; and a variety of mix-ins and toppings from the Top It Off! bar, such as fresh blueberries and strawberries; fruit compotes; chocolate chips and sprinkles; caramel sauce and more
- Egg Combos with choice of breakfast meats
- Assortment of Egg Sandwiches made with eggs your way and premium toppings on a toasted Brioche bun
- A variety of made-to-order Burritos and Bowls designed for all hours of the day, with options like The Garden with scrambled eggs, cheesy crispy potatoes, baby arugula & spinach, sautéed mushrooms, roasted tomatoes, sliced avocado and avocado cream; or The Late Night with diced Black Angus Steakburger over cheesy French fries, topped with Jack & Cheddar cheese, caramelized onions, roasted tomatoes, pickles & IHOP sauce
- Ultimate Sandwiches with choice of all-natural Black Angus Steakburger, Buttermilk Crispy Chicken, or Grilled Chicken Breast
- Fresh pressed orange juice and signature coffee brews, including nitro cold brew and specialty espresso beverages
- Grab-and-go salads and wraps, freshly baked goods and more
Each of the new flip’d locations will be designed in different formats and sizes, say IHOP executives. The upcoming restaurants in Lawrence, Kansas, and Columbus and Dublin in Ohio, will open later this year.
About the publisher of this restaurant news site.