Toppers Pizza adds plant-based, gluten-free options, including Beyond Meat Chicken Tenders
Partnerships with Beyond Meat, Caulipower help expand options for vegan, flexitarians, customers with sensitivities
Toppers Pizza launched a new plant-based menu that brings a Buffalo Chicken-Less Toppers Pizza, Vegan Nashville Hot & Crispy Pizza, Caulipower pizza crust, and Beyond Meat Chicken Tenders. The new additions to the delivery-focused pizza chain’s menu are made possible through its work with Beyond Meat and Caulipower.
Diversifying the menu
The Whitewater, Wis.-based chain is expanding its menu to include vegan and gluten-free options.
“We believe our customers’ food preferences and needs shouldn’t prevent them from enjoying our beloved, high-quality pizza, signature wings and Topperstix,” said Mac Malchow, director of national marketing and menu innovation for Toppers. “Our new partnerships with Beyond Meat and Caulipower allow us to expand our menu offerings to address a growing demand for plant-based products that are both healthy and environmentally friendly.”
Toppers vegan menu
Toppers added new menu items, topping and side choices, including Beyond Meat’s Beyond Chicken Tenders. Prepared to taste like animal-based chicken, Beyond Chicken Tenders provides 14 grams of protein per serving, have no cholesterol, and are formulated with no GMOs, antibiotics or hormones.
- The Buffalo Chicken-Less Topper Pizza features Buffalo sauce, topped with dairy free mozzarella, crispy plant-based Beyond Chicken Tenders, green onions, and drizzled with dairy free ranch.
- A Vegan Nashville Hot & Crispy Pizza comes with a signature Nashville Hot sauce topped with dairy free mozzarella, crispy plant-based Beyond Chicken Tenders, garlic-roasted tomatoes, green onions, and drizzled with dairy-free ranch sauce and served with a side of bread & butter pickles
- Beyond Meat Chicken Tenders feature a side of five breaded plant-based Beyond Chicken Tenders served with customers’ choice of dipping sauce
- A Vegan Topper with homemade pizza sauce is a blend of garlic-roasted tomatoes, green olives, spinach and dairy-free mozzarella
- The Veganstix was formulated to be a meat- and dairy-free version of the chain’s signature Topperstix
“We’re delighted that Toppers is offering the new, breakthrough Beyond Chicken Tenders as part of their plant-based menu launch at all locations nationwide,” said Tim Smith, Beyond Meat vice president of North America.
Toppers also added a new cheese- and nut-free pesto base sauce for vegans and nut-allergy sufferers. A new pesto sauce will be featured as the base in its new Pesto Margherita Topper offering includes roasted garlic, diced tomatoes and either 100% Wisconsin mozzarella or dairy-free mozzarella cheese.
Through its partnership with Caulipower, the Toppers Caulipower King premium pizza also arrived, featuring Toppers homemade pizza sauce, made with 100% Wisconsin mozzarella and pepper jack cheeses, pepperoni and hand-picked sausage layered on a 12″ gluten-free cauliflower crust made by Caulipower.
About the publisher of this restaurant news site.