First Watch moves to new HQ in University Town Center, Bradenton, Florida
Multi-functional workspace welcomed 100 First Watch team members
First Watch has moved its headquarters to the University Town Center in Bradenton, Fla. The 39,000-square foot building will replace locations in Manatee and Sarasota counties in Florida that the daytime casual-dining concept used. The HQ at 8725 Pendery Place, a street named for Kenneth L. Pendery, Jr., First Watch chairman emeritus and former chief executive, will serve as a multi-functional home base for the breakfast and brunch chain.
The newly-constructed two-story building is just off Cooper Creek Boulevard behind the BJ’s shopping center. Built by Benderson Development, the HQ will feature a premium culinary suite, high-tech training rooms, several work huddle areas, a fitness center, a mother’s room, and a cafe for team members.
As the home for 100 employees serving various critical functions, the new corporate headquarters will represent the company’s “You First” ethos. Associates working in accounting, finance, marketing, development and IT will be able to comfortably work in the new facility, amid this ethos as customers’ needs and theirs are put first.
“For decades, First Watch has had the distinct privilege and pleasure of calling the Suncoast our home. Ever since our founders made the decision to relocate from Pacific Grove, California, to sunny Sarasota, this vibrant beach community has not only welcomed us with open arms but embraced us as their go-to brunch destination,” said Chris Tomasso, First Watch president and chief executive.
First Watch’s home base out of Manatee and Sarasota Counties had operated since 1986 when it opened its first Sunshine State restaurant in South Sarasota on South Tamiami Trail, which is still open today. The chain tallies 9 restaurants in Sarasota and Manatee Counties and has expanded to more than 420 restaurants in 29 states.
First Watch provided more details on its Bradenton corporate building in its own words:
- A state-of-the-art fitness center featuring a Mirror gym system from lululemon, a Peloton, free weights and locker rooms with showers
- A high-tech training room and recreational area to support the First Watch Academy of Restaurant Management (FARM) which brings managers from across the country to the area for one week of immersive training
- A culinary suite for development of First Watch’s various seasonal menus, as well as core menu developments and innovations
- A “Mother’s Room” for nursing moms and Wellness Room that provides a quiet space with low lighting and comfortable reclining furniture for mental health breaks
- Several Huddle Rooms with comfortable seating to help team members across departments gather for meetings and breakout work sessions
- An employee café with second-story patio that overlooks a scenic lake
- Expansive windows that allow for ample natural light
- One-of-a-kind murals created by local artist Angela Delaplane
First Watch Corporate Headquarters, 8725 Pendery Place, University Park, FL 34201
About the publisher of this restaurant news site.