First Watch brings back Pumpkin Pancake Breakfast, seasonal fall menu
Short Rib Omelet, Pumpkin Spiced Donuts, Butternut Squash Bisque also featured
First Watch brought back its popular Pumpkin Pancake Breakfast and launched a seasonal, fall menu with Short Rib Omelet and Pumpkin Spiced Donuts. The breakfast-and-brunch chain is also featuring Truffle Mushroom Hash and Butternut Squash Bisque.
Falling for seasonal flavors
“Fall is one of my favorite times of year and one that calls for rich, deep flavors and food that’s comforting and feeds the soul,” said Shane Schaibly, vice president of culinary strategy for 420-unit First Watch. “Our menu this season pulls in hearty, robust ingredients like braised beef short ribs, roasted mushrooms and truffle oil and robust butternut squash. And of course, it wouldn’t be fall without pumpkin, which is why I’m so excited that we’ve brought back our iconic pumpkin pancakes and are adding sweet, fluffy pumpkin spiced donuts into the mix.”
A Carrot Crush, which is prepared with carrot, orange, coconut water, turmeric, and lemon, is also in the spotlight.
First Watch fall 2021 menu
The Bradenton, Fla.-based restaurant chain’s new fall menu will be available until October 31, 2021:
- Pumpkin Pancake Breakfast features two cage-free eggs, cooked-to-order any style with First Watch’s signature spiced Pumpkin Pancakes and a Jones Dairy Farm grilled all-natural savory chicken sausage patty.
- Truffle Mushroom Hash includes House-roasted Shiitake and Crimini mushrooms, crispy diced bacon and Monterey Jack cheese atop seasoned potatoes. It’s served topped with two cage-free eggs, cooked-to-order any style, with Parmesan cream sauce, truffle oil and lemon dressed arugula.
- Short Rib Omelet features savory red wine-braised beef short ribs, house-roasted shallots and Crimini mushrooms, fresh spinach and Mozzarella cheese, topped with Parmesan cream sauce and fresh herbs, and served with lemon-dressed organic mixed greens and ciabatta toast.
- Butternut Squash Bisque is a vegetarian, creamy butternut squash soup sweetened with carrot and a dash of nutmeg. It’s served garnished with sour cream and fresh herbs.
- Pumpkin Spiced Donuts start with warm cake donut holes tossed with pumpkin spiced sugar. Then they are lightly dusted with powdered cinnamon sugar and served with salted caramel apple butter and crème anglaise.
About the publisher of this restaurant news site.