Campaign focuses on cleaning, sanitizing, disinfecting
During National Food Safety Month (NFSM) in September, the National Restaurant Association will put the spotlight on cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting standards, providing education through its 2021 Know Safe and Show Safe campaign.
Over the course of five weeks, the Association and ServSafe will distribute posters and activity sheets and conduct webinars and a social media campaign. Key topics to be developed and shared are the following:
- Week 1 (August 30 to September 5) – Cleaning vs Sanitizing vs Disinfecting
- Week 2 (September 6 to September 12) – Cleaning and sanitizing your Equipment
- Week 3 (September 13 to September 19) – Cleaning and sanitizing Dishes
- Week 4 (September 20 to September 26) – Cleaning and sanitizing your Operation
- Week 5 (September 27 to October 3): Develop and implement a Cleaning Program
“The way restaurants are cleaned and kept safe hasn’t changed, but it’s become more important that your guests know that you know, and that their safety will be held to the highest standard,” said Sherman Brown, executive vice president, Training and Certification for the National Restaurant Association. “For 30 years, ServSafe has been at the forefront of preparing restaurant and foodservice workers to deliver safe hospitality experiences for their guests, while also keeping themselves safe. With this content, we are helping operators and employees across the country brush up on their skills, while telling that story to their communities.”
NFSM, created in 1994 by the Association to elevate the conversation surrounding the importance of food safety education, is held each September. Tork and Ecolab are sponsoring NFSM 2021. Industry members can access web resources at FoodSafetyFocus.com or join the social conversation with hashtag #NFSM2021.
About the publisher of this restaurant news site.