Tacos Al Pastor, Braised Carnitas Torta, Loaded Queso Burger some of dishes debuting
On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina has created new menu items to appeal to more diners and build incremental sales. The Mexican-style, casual-dining chain released 20 new menu items, as part of its culinary team’s ongoing creative efforts.
To celebrate, On the Border is offering an endless taco special on National Taco Day.
The following menu items launched today, October 4, at participating restaurants:
- Honey-Chipotle Shrimp Tacos feature crispy-fried shrimp, hand-tossed in honey-chipotle sauce with cilantro, spicy avocado ranch and shredded cabbage.
- Tacos Al Pastor includes braised and seasoned carnitas with pineapple salsa.
- Tacos Al Carbon features corn tortillas with fajita chicken or steak, served with Jack cheese, pico de gallo, fresh guacamole and roasted red chile-tomatillo salsa.
- Smokehouse Fajitas is a Texas-sized fajita platter with chipotle ribs, jalapeño sausage, braised carnitas and shredded beef brisket with honey chipotle and jalapeño-BBQ sauces on the side, topped with a grilled jalapeño.
- Monterey Ranch Chicken Torta features Mesquite-grilled chicken smothered in melted Jack cheese, crumbled bacon and ranch dressing in a toasted bolillo roll.
- Braised Carnitas Torta starts with braised carnitas combined with creamy red chili sauce and honey-chipotle sauce, then topped with shredded cabbage and pickled red onions in a toasted bolillo roll.
- Loaded Queso Burger features On The Border’s Tex-Mex burger topped generously with fresh guac, pico de gallo, tortilla strips, pickled jalapeños, Mexican white cheese and covered in Smoky Queso, served on a toasted bun.
“We are excited to continue to go bolder with our menu and serve new delicious items to our guests,” said Daniel Camp, On The Border head chef and senior director of Culinary. “Our menu innovations, special marinades and wood grilling have been the driving forces that have made On The Border a fan favorite for nearly 40 years. We look forward to introducing these refreshing flavors to our guests!”
The Dallas-based chain spiced up its Tortilla Soup with bolder flavors and enhanced its green chili, sour cream sauce and spicy avocado ranch. Also, more steak will come on the fajitas sizzling plate moving forward. On the Border will offer a mesquite-grilled shrimp skewer add-on, as well.
A Honey Chipotle Shrimp Appetizer also arrived and for dessert, there is a Tres Leches Cake. In addition, On The Border announced the return of Chipotle Ribs, which originally debuted when the brand opened its doors. And 10 new hand-crafted Tex-Mex cocktails are being served up at the bar, including an ultra-premium Diamante Margarita with Maestro Doble Diamante Tequila, Ranch Water, and Maker’s ‘Rita.
To learn more about the publisher of this restaurant news site, navigate here.