New executive chef, Chris Bertke, adds bold, colorful dishes to reflect the season
Native Foods unveiled a Chicken Fajita Cheesesteak, Wasabi Crabcake Sandwich and Szechuan Asparagus as part of the 2022 spring menu. Also, Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Thai Beef Bowl and Strawberry Cheesecake rolled out. Chris Bertke, the newly-appointed executive chef, used springtime colors as inspiration for the new preparations.
Rotating the menu seasonally, Native Foods puts the focus on vegan creations that reflect the times and local bounty.
Native Foods released these limited-time additions with the 2022 spring menu:
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup A creamy plant-based cheddar soup with broccoli and green onion.
- Chicken Fajita Cheesesteak features plant-based chicken fajitas, plant-based cheese sauce, bell peppers, red onion, cilantro, creamy chipotle sauce, on a toasted baguette. It comes with a side of the customer’s choice.
- Wasabi Crabcake Sandwich starts with a plant-based crab cake, which is then topped with edamame cilantro pesto, pickled red cabbage, lettuce, wasabi aioli, and nestled in a toasted hamburger bun. The sandwich comes with a side of the customer’s choice.
- Thai Beef Bowl presents Thai beef-style seitan, rice noodles, snap peas, sesame lime sauce, carrots, peanut ginger garnish, finished with cilantro, mint, lettuce, and peanut sauce.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait dessert features strawberry compote and cheesecake filling on graham crackers, garnished with fresh mint.
Moving forward, the new Native Foods‘ head chef creativity will come in handy when reimagining new items, while inventing new plant-based dishes.
For example, Bertke reformulated the vegan Mac and Cheese, with a cheesier and tastier flavor profile. In fact, some customers will not believe the recipe is 100% plant-based, the fast casual suggested. The vegan Mac and Cheese combines elbow macaroni, plant-based cheese sauce, and green onion.
About the publisher of this restaurant news site.