Week-long celebration to precede changes to program that will give MyPanera members increased redemption options
Panera Bread will enhance its rewards program and will launch an inaugural MyPanera Week September 29 to celebrate.The week-long celebration will precede the upcoming loyalty program changes in October.
Half of all transactions at Panera come from loyalty members and the program has always avoided a points-based foundation. What’s more, MyPanera members are more frequent customers and spend more per transaction than non-members, the chain disclosed.
Changes to MyPanera rewards
The MyPanera loyalty program to date has incorporated surprise and delight elements, Panera Bread said, providing different and personalized experiences. More than just discounted or free items, the program has also debuted additional, personalized ways of being rewarded, including the Unlimited Sip Club, surprise offers, catering rewards and early access to new items.
But it’s time for a change. According to the fast-casual chain, the MyPanera Loyalty Program will be providing its customers more ways to redeem rewards. Choosing from multiple options, members can select their own rewards starting October 6. No longer will customers be relegated to a single, pre-selected reward.
“We view our MyPanera loyalty program as an extension of the warmth we show to our guests in our bakery-cafes—for us it’s about creating meaningful relationships and delivering personalized value,” said Eduardo Luz, chief brand and concept officer at Panera Bread. “We create loyalty by deeply knowing our MyPanera members. We strive to understand and deliver exactly what delights them.”
2022 MyPanera Week
Starting September 29, the bakery-cafe chain will hold its first-ever MyPanera Week. During this week and through October 5, the bakery-cafe chain will unveil treats each day:
- Thursday, September 29– On National Coffee Day, new Unlimited Sip Club subscribers will receive 2 months free. Meanwhile, Panera will extend existing Sip Club Members a $2 off reward off select barista beverages and smoothies. This is a one-time offer and in-App only.
- Friday, September 30– $0 Delivery Fee for orders in the App through 10/5/22
- Saturday, October 1 – A free Baguette when ordered in the App
- Sunday, October 2 – $2 off Broccoli Cheddar Soup Bowl when purchased in the App
- Monday, October 3 – 20% off Panera Bread Gift Cards purchased online only
- Tuesday, October 4 – Special Gift from a Panera Partner, that will be announced soon
- Wednesday, October 5– Cooking Class with Panera’s Head Chef, Claes Petersson and discounts on Panera Grocery Products
- Thursday, October 6– Start of Choice in MyPanera Rewards
“Our guests have been requesting more choice in their MyPanera rewards and we are happy to bring this new experience to our loyalty program,” said Meenakshi Nagarajan, SVP of loyalty and recurring revenue at Panera Bread. “Our MyPanera members each have their own unique Panera favorites and we’re excited to see that reflected in our rewards—giving them personalized surprises that fit their own individual journey.”
Started in 2010, MyPanera was one of the earliest loyalty programs, the fast casual noted in a statement. Also, it remains one of the largest guest loyalty programs in the restaurant industry, with nearly 48 million members. Panera said that functionally, the “program is rooted in the belief that the job of a loyalty program is to deepen the guest relationship by meeting both a guest’s rational and emotional needs.”
For more information about the publisher of this restaurant news site, click here.